An investment in standby power is an investment in ensuring your business continuity.
Almost every small business will suffer a potentially costly power outage some day, but you can do something to prevent those losses now. Safeguard your business from the increasing number and severity of costly power outages with Cummins.
Serious power outages are a part of modern life. During the most recent five-year period, these outages increased by 58%. It doesn’t take much, and the cost is enormous: tens of billions of dollars in lost revenue by commercial businesses each year, with a median loss for small businesses of $12,500 per day.
There are lots of reasons:
- Increasing demands on an aging power grid
- Severe weather
- Human error by utility employees
- An errant backhoe on a construction project
- Wildlife in a nearby transformer
Out-of-pocket losses are bad enough. But there are other costs that are harder to measure:
- Transaction data that was not backed up
- Employees who are unable to work
- Perishable goods that quickly turn to garbage and must end up in the dumpster
- Compromised security systems
- Loss of customers to competition